Saturday, January 15, 2011

Here's a bit more

     She laid there and pondered her relationship with Jacob. Everything is so muddled and confusing. I was absolutely positive I felt no love for him, though I guess I rather enjoy some aspects of his company. She blushed though there was no one around and even if there were, they could not hear her thoughts. She forced herself out of bed, slipped on a white dress that was flowered with cherry blossoms, one of her mother‘s old ones, and moved to the wash basin to freshen up for breakfast. Besides, she thought, it seemed rather fashionable among ladies to ignore love and marry for other benefits. Any other girl would be ecstatic if they were engaged to Jake, so what’s wrong with me?
    “I don’t love him.” she said solemnly shaking her head.
    “What was that?” came a very familiar voice.
    Amorah looked up to find the night captain perched on the deck outside of her window and sporting one of his infamous grins. She shrieked and then said a silent prayer, thanking God she had dressed before washing up.
    “Well if it isn’t the nameless scoundrel,” she said, trying to sound bored with his little visit, despite her racing heart, “Are you walking around peeping in every girls window or just a lucky select few?” she asked feeling rather clever. Her lips turned upward into a self-superior smile.
    “Now, now Amorah,” he said shaking his head and hopping down into her room.
    “The other night you accused me of groping and now it’s peeping, what’s next? I have to say I take offense in all of these accusations,” he smiled. “I think we both know you wouldn’t be included in the lucky few anyway.” he concluded with a wink.
    She was offended, even if he were kidding.
    “Why are you here?” she said showing no emotional response to his little jab.
    “Well to be quite honest, I overheard your father asking your sister if she had seen you yet this morning and I, being the kind gentleman I am, said I had, in fact, seen you just a few moments ago wrapped passionately in the arms of your fiancé. You can imagine the bright red color your father’s face turned, upon hearing this news. As he was recovering from the initial shock, I offered to stop in and check on you whilst finishing my morning patrol. However, I can see my kindness is very unwelcomingly received.” he said taking mock offense.
    “You told my father!?” Amorah shouted at him, “I am no dumby! I refuse to believe that’s true.”
    “No, Amorah you’re right,” he confessed, while walking towards her.
    “It’s not true. I came here on my own accord. I needed to see you, to talk to you,” he stepped even closer, almost indecently so, and whispered, “to touch you.” With this he wrapped his arm around Amorah’s waist in an attempt to pull her in. However, she was no fool to his games. She quickly slid from his grasp and slapped him forcefully across the face.
    “Kindly never speak to me again.” she said flatly, “It’s really a shame I had to ask you twice.” She turned, grabbed her cloche, and walked quickly from her room; slamming the door and leaving the shocked young captain standing alone in her room. However, she saw a smile dance across his lips just as she closed the door.

1 comment:

  1. hey!
    if u wanna follow my blog i would be glad

    http://thecolorbox.blogspot.com/

    all the best
    margaret

    ReplyDelete