Wednesday, March 17, 2010

And so forth

“Y-you,” he wheezed, laughing so hard that he could barely breath, “You are the mo-” he took a deep breath trying to compose himself, “You are the most facetious woman on the face of the earth. You seem utterly incapable of controlling your thoughts and everything you say is completely inappropriate. It’s actually quite entertaining!” He chuckled again, fortunately his barking laughter had subsided.
Amorah would have been mortified had he not embarrassed and offended her. She may even have apologized for her unnecessary name calling. However, she was infuriated and she would not leave without having her say.
“Me facetious? This coming from the man, who in the mere 20 minutes I have known him, has said absolutely everything on his mind with complete disregard to etiquette, respect, and propriety. You’ve managed to insult my appearance, age, intelligence, and manners. Well you know what? I would much rather be honest, albeit slightly inappropriate, instead of some egotistical apathetic hypocrite!” she nearly spat her last few words. She was shaking with anger and didn’t feel quite satisfied with her rebuttal.
“And just so we’re clear, even if I were staring there’s no need to feel smug. A man such as yourself could only dream of a woman of my intellect and class to take interest in him. And as for me not being to your preference, you only know of me what you heard in my room which is hardly enough to form an opinion on. Besides I would never wish to be classified as one of the tramps that I can only assume you associate with!”
However, her outburst did not seem to have the effect she so desired. Instead of feeling abashed and apologizing profusely; a small smile danced on the mans lips and he began to clap.
“That was quite a show, really, brilliant!” he said laughingly.
“You,” she said trying to remain calm and dignified, “have just helped me realize how lucky I am to have a man like Jacob. A man who’s not afraid to be sweet and considerate. He is a perfect gentleman, which you’ve just shown me, is quite a rarity.”
Mockingly he questioned, “Well then, why don’t you marry him?” And he gave Amorah a smile that would have made her knees weak under any other circumstances.
A stream of uncontrollable words flowed from Amorah’s mouth. She had no idea what she had just said and she was quite sure she did not want to know. The next thing she was aware of was racing back to her quarters to confess her undying love for Jacob with her antagonizer following closely at her heels.


And thus concludes chapter 1, tell me what you think!

6 comments:

  1. Just hopping in. Would need a slower read in order to comment appropriately; might have to start from the top.
    Will do so later on- work pressures mount now.
    But so far, not bad at all;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I'll try not to rush my posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty interesting! I followed you! One day, I'm going to write a 'book', and I'll post it on my blog

    Please check my blog out!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure will! I'm looking at it as i type this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. why thank you! im glad you liked it :DD

    ReplyDelete